Walden Pond

Walden Pond

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Feelin' It!

Some days, I really feel good: good about my food choices, good about myself, and good about what I'm doing. Yesterday was one of those days.

I woke up early enough to finish watching a movie I'd started days ago. I didn't get out of breath at all while walking my dogs. I ate every couple of hours all day long and stayed in my calorie range. In the evening I was tempted to snack, but I recognized that I wasn't hungry. Instead of heading to the fridge, I took a nice, relaxing bath. A little reading, and then it was bed time. All in all, a day I'm happy with, even though I didn't go to the gym.

I did plan on going to the gym (I know; I say that a lot). I didn't go because I got a phone call about a drawing I had entered month's ago. I won a prize. I had to go get it. It's a really nice emergency kit with first aid supplies, one of those foil blankets, a plastic poncho, flashlight, radio, and a glow stick. It's pretty cool.

Here is my food for yesterday:

Breakfast: Fiber One bar. 90 calories
Snack: Apple slices. 36 calories
Lunch: Broccoli, cheese, almonds, and fat free ranch. 300 calories
Snack: Pretzel chips and hummus. 180 calories
Dinner: Veggie stir fry with white rice. 583 calories

Total calories: 1189

In the future, I will try harder to keep it above 1200, but I really didn't want to make myself eat when I wasn't hungry. That's a habit I'm trying to break. And let's be honest, how often am I going to end up eating that few calories? I mean, come on, this chick likes the foods.

So far, today has been just as good. Of course, there's plenty of time for things to go pear-shaped, but I'm trying to stay positive.

1307.51 / 0 / 1289.68 

No comments:

Post a Comment