Walden Pond

Walden Pond

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Time to Move Forward?

Well, I broke my promise. I didn't do any walking last night. I just can't seem to make myself work out once I get home. My husband, kids, and animals are there, and I just want to relax with them. I'm going to have to make sure to hit the gym after work instead of going straight home.

This morning, however, I did get up early enough to do my WATP dvd. I started the 2 mile walk, but I was so winded and beat that I had to stop at just over 1 mile. I guess that's what happens when you skip several days of workouts. I'm really disappointed at how much progress I've lost. I'm not going to let that happen again. I'm not working out tonight, but I am going to try another workout in the morning, and I'm definitely bringing my gym bag to work tomorrow.

I'm thinking about adjusting my diet soon. I'm still very focused on the emotional eating part of things, but I want to start incorporating healthy foods. I mean, seriously, for lunch today I had a Slim Jim and a bag of Funyons. That's not doing me any favors, and now my breath stinks, too.

About a year ago, I became a vegetarian. I was eating really healthy whole grains, beans and legumes, and tried several vegetables that I'd never even considered before. I learned that I love fresh asparagus and leeks, but I still hate green beans. I also lost 10 pounds during that year, without any other changes.

Over the past couple of months, I've been eating meat again. I've also been eating way more simple grains and way fewer greens and veggies. Part of it was the incredibly strict budget we had to be on this summer. We were mostly living on beans, rice, and donated meat and veggies. But part of it was that I just got lazy. I don't like cooking, and processed, starchy foods are just easier.

I'm also thinking about weighing at the end of the month. That's only a few days away. Hmmm, let's make that next month. The last time I weighed I came in at 291 pounds. I'm still not ready to start restricting calories or going on some kind of "plan." I just want to focus on my walking, not binging, and eating healthier foods. We'll see what happens.

1307.51 / 1 / 1300.18

No comments:

Post a Comment