Walden Pond

Walden Pond

Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekend Success





I stayed under my calorie limit all weekend!! Even during my daughter's birthday dinner I was able to resist overeating. I made a huge mocha cake for her, but since I don't particularly like cake, I was able to have a 40 calorie fudge pop and not feel like I was missing out.

Here are my foods for Saturday:



Breakfast: A breakfast burrito made from two scrambled eggs and a whole wheat tortilla; two tablespoons of guacamole made with whipped salad dressing, and one banana. 428 cal

Lunch: Half a whole wheat pita (I like Joseph's) stuffed with two tablespoons hummus, black beans, cucumber, and spinach; 1/2 a cup of large curd cottage cheese. 252 cal

Dinner: This is what the birthday girl picked out! Tuna burger with lettuce, tomato, and avocado sauce. I had enough calories for two of them. The rest of the family had pasta salad with it, but I passed. 807 cal

Snack: Two fudge pops. 80 cal

Total for Saturday: 1567 cal

Then for Sunday:



Breakfast: An egg burrito like yesterdays; half of a paw paw. 345 cal

Lunch: Half a Joseph's pita like yesterday; three small eggplant patties. 314 cal

Dinner: Tofu tikka masala; two cups rice. 724 cal

Snack: Two fudge pops. 80 cal

Total for Sunday: 1463 cals

There's just no way to photograph a fudge pop with out it looking...well, you know.


I didn't get any walking in. I can't even count walking the dogs because my dear husband Michael helps walk them on the weekends. I'm not too worried about it, though, because my focus was on making sure that I had everything ready for a successful week of calorie counting. I've got my gym bag with me at work today, so I can make up some miles this evening.

This morning I was rushed getting my breakfast in and getting the dogs walked. I may have set my alarm at 5:30 to make sure I have time to eat. I managed it this morning by taking my burrito in the car with me, but I hate eating in the car.

So the first two days of healthy eating and calorie counting have gone great. The problem is I'm already getting the familiar feeling of resentment that I can't have what I want. I know it's childish. So far, I'm dealing with it by reminding myself that I CAN have whatever I want, but the consequence is that I won't have enough calories for more food later in the day (that or the big flabby body I've been carrying around most of my adult life).

In a couple of weeks I'll be celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary. I've been thinking about what I want to do about that. I don't know where we will go or what we will be doing because my husband is planning to surprise me. That is super fun, but it makes it hard to plan my eating.

My solution is to do what Sean Anderson of Daily Diary of a Winning Loser did when he first started losing weight: add calories and exercise to special days. Sean would add an extra workout and 1000 calories to Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll be following his example for those days, and I'm also going to add 500 calories each for Saturday and Sunday of my anniversary weekend. I figure that will allow for an adult beverage and some added snacking, depending on what we end up doing. I'm also going to try to add in a workout, but since I don't know if we will be going away, staying home, going to a hotel, staying in a cabin, etc. I can't plan exactly what. I'm sure there will be some increased walking no matter what we end up doing.

By that time I should have a good two weeks of good habits under my belt, so hopefully staying on track won't be too difficult.

Wish me luck on Week One!!

1307.51 / .5 / 1297.18

No comments:

Post a Comment