Walden Pond

Walden Pond

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Some Pain, but No Gain

The good news is that I haven't gained any weight in the last week. On the other hand, I haven't lost any, either. I'm still at 290. It's really frustrating. I have been tracking my food, and I have been exercising every day. This is the point where I would usually say, "Forget this. If I'm not losing weight, I might as well have Coke and pizza." But I'm not going to do that this time. Instead, I'm just going to continue what I've been doing. If I haven't lost anything by the end of the month, then I'll readjust what I'm doing. For now, this still feels right.

As I said, I have not missed a single Daily Burn workout. I'm really enjoying these. I can feel myself getting stronger. My balance has improved, and my endurance is improving, too. For the first two weeks I'm doing the same three routines, and I can tell that I'm able to push myself harder than I was at the beginning. I have had consistently sore muscles, not so sore that I don't want to move, but sore enough that I can tell I'm doing something.

I've been doing great with lunches this week. I always have a salad in the fridge at work in case I forget to bring mine. If I don't forget, I can still have the salad with my lunch. Today I'm having a salad and a winter soup with rutabaga and carrots. Yum!

I've also managed to eat something for breakfast every day. This is a huge issue for me. I hate eating in the morning. But I've been forcing myself to at least have a piece of fruit or a Fiber One bar. Some days, I've even managed to have a "fried" (non-stick pan with a spritz of oil) egg on a whole wheat English muffin.

I haven't made it to the gym yet to get some miles in. I need to do some mending on my workout clothes before I go, but I should have that done tonight. I've been doing my DB workouts in my pajamas. I just throw a sports bra on under them. Not how I want to appear at the gym, haha! If I can get the pants mended tonight, I can get some miles in tomorrow after work.

The one downside to my week so far: I saw a video of myself. I'm playing a part in a tutorial for work. Last week they filmed a rehearsal, and I was able to see the footage yesterday. UGH!! I know I'm big. I've seen pictures; I have a mirror. But I look so much bigger on that video! I couldn't believe it.
On the other hand, I have a much prettier face than I thought I did, and I think those workouts are improving my posture. I usually have a little bit of a hunch (I'm 5'9" and wear an I cup bra, so...). But in the video, I'm shot from the side for part of it. No hunch! Hooray! I have noticed I have way less back pain since starting these workouts.

And bonus! I have only had one headache this week! It was just a regular headache, too, not a migraine. That's a huge deal. I don't know if it's because of the exercising or because my salt intake is way down or what, but I'm happy about it.

So that's my week so far. I'm still hoping for a woosh on the scale to bring me into the 280s by the end of the week, but if it doesn't happen, I'm going to try to focus on the other positive changes happening in my body.

1307.51 / 0 / 1281.3

5 comments:

  1. I think you are so doing right and focusing on the positive.

    Onwards ... Onwards ...and ... Onwards

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great Connie! I am super intrigued by the DB,, I always figured they'd be too intense for me. I might do a trial and check it out. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that at first, too, but they have a variety of workouts for all different levels. They even have one that is strictly yoga and one for pregnancy. The one I'm doing, True Beginner, is really easy as far as the movements, and you work at your own pace, so it is as challenging as you need it to be without being too intense. It's definitely worth the free trial!

      Delete
  3. Hey Connie! One thing that helped me when I was losing weight was focusing on how I feel--energy levels, if I felt clean, etc. When I stopped looking at weight, suddenly I lost weight. It was weird. And of course when I focused on intuitive eating.
    I'm sorry you're frustrated, losing weight can be more mentally taxing than anything! You're doing great things!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog, and wanted to say you are not alone in your journey. I've had plenty of days where I throw in the towel for a pizza and soda (in my case, Pepsi...ha!), but that's part of what got me to where I am now. I appreciate that you are focusing on the positive!

    ReplyDelete