Walden Pond

Walden Pond

Friday, January 9, 2015

New Year, Old Me

 Well, I meant to get back to the blog long before now. I've had a rough couple of weeks. My whole family took turns with a stomach bug, my little dog Valentine had an eye infection, my son had girlfriend drama, and a million other things were going on. Everything seems to have run it's course now, though.

I'm late on this, but my New Year's resolution is to be more optimistic in my life. I am going to try to find one good thing for every bad thing that happens.

As far as my health goes, I'm still at 290, and I haven't been exercising much. I've been doing yoga, but that doesn't really get my heart rate up. It does make me feel so much better and stronger, though.

I have signed up for a water aerobics class that starts on Monday. I'm really excited about that. Also, my gym has added a new cardio class that works better with my schedule than the others did. Now I just have to get over how much I hate my gym. I'm also signing up for the Daily Burn. I'm hoping that the different workouts will keep me motivated.

I have started getting up earlier in the mornings. This has helped me feel much less rushed. I have time to warm up to the day. This should also give me enough time to eat breakfast (always a problem) and even to fit a short workout in.

I'm still going to be logging my miles and logging my food. And my family is going back to a more plant-based diet. While my son was home, we ended up eating a lot of chicken, plus we had turkey from Christmas. On top of that my husband and I received summer sausage as a gift, so I had some of that. So we will be eating lots more greens and legumes.

So that's the plan! As always, advice and support is welcome!

1307.51 / 0 / 1281.3

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Connie! I've missed you. Glad the crap with your family is over, and I hope you settle into a nice routine that will help you for 2015. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back... I loved water aerobics!!!! I use to go to the Y about 20 years ago ... best excerise ... I was the youngest in the class by about 25 years ... those old ladies use to kick butt!!! Wow ... maybe I could be one of those old ladies rocking it! LOL Can't wait to hear how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back Connie and hope you find your groove back quickly! I am that way as well, have to warm up for my day by waking up earlier or I feel all rushed all day. Can't wait to hear about your class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back at it! Water aerobics is fun and easy on the joints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water aerobics sounds fun - hope you enjoy it. Do please let us know how it goes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete